Reality of Imagination Reality of Imagination

Super awesome! I love tracks like this one. The use of the instruments and effects were really well done. Nice opening track to 2014 :) Keep up the awesome work!

VideoGameManiac responds:

Thank you, I really appreciate that :D

Evolution of Time Evolution of Time

I thought I had reviewed this song. Oops xD

Anyway, I love the atmosphere in this song. Very nice and tranquil while also holding a somewhat adventurous tone to it. It's like we are getting ready for the battles ahead, but before that happens, we are experiencing some time of peace. I'm getting that type of vibe from this song. Very good!

What programs/instruments did you use to make this song? :D

VideoGameManiac responds:

ty, I mostly used synthesizers like Harmor or Harmless for different E-Pianos to Rhodes combined with some chinese instruments and also some electric orchestra xd

Anthozoa Anthozoa

8-bit goodness :3

I like all the different rhythms in this song. The backbeat and the bass worked really well especially. The melody was really cool too. Keep up the good work!

~Echo~ Surreal (NGADM'13 ~Echo~ Surreal (NGADM'13

Ah man, I am loving that beginning. Very atmospheric and spacious. I love all the subtle transitions as well. It is like they moved naturally into each other, especially the transition between the sections around 1:53. I am definitely feeling that ending. Heck, I'm feeling the whole song. Great job!

Rat Thief! Rat Thief! Rat Thief! Rat Thief!

Man, this song was so trippy but in a good way lol. Very cool and dynamic way of playing. Engaging vocals. Very enjoyable listen from start to end. Awesome job!

Familiar Faces Familiar Faces

If there is anything I like, I love dreamy, chilled-out, mellow music, and you delivered a wonderful example of that. The overall tone of the music was just beautiful.

Just curious. How long have you been working on music? Also, what gear/software did you use for making this song?

Again, nice piece. Keep up the good work!

SoulofT responds:

Thank you very much for the compliments, I'm really glad you liked this :))

I've been producing music for about two years although I started playing piano when I was young

I used FL Studio 10 as a DAW for this, and for the sounds I used a mixture of soundfonts and vst's... and a pair of headphones for gear xD

Again, thank you for leaving a review!

Mr. D Has a Freak Show Mr. D Has a Freak Show

Haha this was cute. It put a smile on my face. I can see the circus scene in my head now :3

I did notice that this track was a little soft in volume. If volume was increased just a little bit, I think the sound would have been at a good level. Maybe the dynamics of the instruments played a role in how big the sound is as well. Good job overall!

Antiboringness Antiboringness

The beginning of this song grabbed my attention with the tempo changing, and you did that part well. Really nice vibe overall and good use of instrumentation. Very chill, but you have enough of the "jammin" factor to keep my head moving along to the beat. I love how you introduced that synth at around 3:40. Nice change there.

Overall, cool piece. Keep up the good work! :D

The Unknown The Unknown

Very nice beginning. I like the overall vibe of the song. The tempo was good too. Not too fast and not too slow.

Maybe you could add some variety to notes played by the instrument introduced at 0:11. For example, every fourth beat (after the 1-2-3-4 count), you switch up the notes used (while staying in key of course). It sounds like you were using the same notes over and over with that instrument at the beginning.

That is an interesting bass at 0:30. It's actually pretty sweet! However, it is too sharp and loud throughout the song. You'll want to EQ it and/or turn down the volume so that it is not so overwhelming on the listeners' ears.

The way you used the drums/percussion in this song was good. I would have liked to have seen you try using various other electronic drum/percussion elements and rhythms in this song too.

Your transitions were good. I especially like what you were doing at the section at 3:05. I would have loved to have seen you extend that section and do more with it. It added a welcomed change to the song.

Overall, not bad. Not bad at all :) Just keep at it, and you're just going to keep getting better and better. Keep it up!

Faol-Kung responds:

Thanks for the detailed Criticism Genie! I'm actually in the process of finishing another song I've been working on for awhile now. Going to give another take at the WIP song and try to incorporate what you've shown to me with this one. Thanks again. The sound at the beginning was used in two patterns 2 different patterns. And thanks on the Bass! That is a original sound I created using TranceDrive, a free plugin, but I see what you mean. I fought with it during the mastering process, that was probably the resulting effect. Had it overdrived and distorted. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. at the time of this song's creation all I had was IPod ear buds during the entire process, now that I have some studio ones, I can definitely understand what you mean.
Thanks again Genie.

The Closure The Closure

Aww I like how calm this song is. You did a good job of establishing that mood.

If I could make a suggestion to keep in mind in the future, maybe you could lower the volume of the brass at 2:49 because it sounded so sharp when it first entered the mix, and it messed with my brain for a moment lol. The volume you had for the brass after that point though was well-done.

Overall, good!

rupert484 responds:

Thank you very much!
Yeah, at 2:49 I was in two minds whether to make a dramatic entrance or a subtle entrance. Probably should have stuck with a quieter volume, now that you mention it.

Thank you again, I appreciate it. :)